is an award-winning digital marketing agency powered by independent thinkers, creatives, achievers and geeks. We work collaboratively between offices in London and Cape Town to produce remarkable work for clients using Digital PR, SEO, Social Media, Content Marketing, PPC and other magic.
Here’s what our ideal copywriter sounds like:
You hate the whole agency ego thing. You try hard to produce work you can be proud of. You can follow a strict brief or wing it. You love creating content and experimenting with different tools and techniques. You know how to study client branding and tone and get it right. You find solutions, roll with the punches and take direction as well as you can give it.
Oh, and you think dogs are cool.
If we just described you, carry on reading!
Here’s what you need
- Qualification/Degree in Copywriting, Communications, Journalism or similar
- Minimum three years’ experience in writing, editing and proofreading
- Basic knowledge of WordPress, SEO, Social Media and Content Marketing
- Excellent language skills (grammar, punctuation) and a keen eye for spotting errors. (If you spot an error on this job spec and tell us about it we’ll be grateful, but probably also call you anal behind your back.)
- Creativity and content/campaign conceptualisation skills
- Agency experience
What the job involves
You’ll be responsible for creating original content for our clients, proof reading the work of other writers, sense checking, generating ideas in brainstorms and promoting content as much as possible.
You’ll be part of training sessions where we cover everything from basic stuff to new concepts. Liaising with clients, taking ownership of work and delivering content that’s on brand and on time is a must.
You’ll be required to produce anything from social copy to newsletters, blog posts and content marketing pieces. You’ll succeed and fail – you should be agile enough to handle that.
Okay, are you all the things on this checklist?
- Able to meet deadlines
- Great with teamwork
- Organised (as much as a copywriter can be)
- A multi-tasking genius
- Willing to learn and teach
- Able to laugh at yourself (and others)
- Able to provide constructive criticism and feedback, and take it
- Interested in reading and keeping up with digital news
One day you might have to write a really boring article while someone in the office blares Celine Dion, turns up the air conditioner and makes eye contact with you while they sing. You’ll hate it. Another day you might work on a really cool campaign and play Xbox and go out for a team dinner. It’s not always glamorous, but there’s always something to learn.
We have a profit share system in place. That means super-efficient teamwork results in bonuses being paid out to every member of the company. There’s also opportunities to visit the wildlings at the London office.
What are you waiting for? Get in touch!
Send your CV, a stand out cover letter and 2 examples of your written work/content to firstname.lastname@example.org