- Google just introduced Shopping Actions to allow users to shop wherever and however they want
- Online retailers have a huge opportunity to offer customers an improved shopping experience
Google has seen an 85% increase in “where to buy” related searches over the last two years from mobile devices.
Further to this, 44% of users that use their voice-activated speaker do so to order everyday household goods like consumables and repeat purchases.
In a world where everyone is becoming busier and more time-poor, it’s clear consumers are looking for quicker and easier ways to shop online – evident by increasing use of mobile devices and searches.
Jack Felstead, Head of Paid Media at MediaVision says “it’s clear that Google is increasing emphasis and visibility across its Shopping results and these recent changes are a testament to that. It’s essential that merchants using Google Shopping have a highly optimised feed and a targeted campaign structure (across all devices) in order to maximise visibility and revenue through this channel.”
This is a hugely exciting time for online retailers as they have the opportunity to capture these users as and when they search using Google Shopping.
To cater to an increasingly time-poor audience that knows what they’re looking for, Google is introducing Shopping Actions, which allows retailers to:
- Display products on new platforms like the Google Assistant with voice shopping.
- Help customers shop effortlessly with Google Express by using a shareable list, universal shopping cart and instant checkout with saved payment credentials.
- Increase loyalty and engagement with highest value customers based on historic searches and purchases.
In addition, Shopping Actions uses a pay-per-sale model, meaning merchants will only pay when a sale actually takes place. Shopping Actions appear within the sponsored Shopping Unit on the Google Search page, and on Google.com/Shopping.