Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I graduated in Hotel and Tourism Management in Madrid (the “why’s” remain unknown until this day) and came to the UK as soon as I was finished to, as my mom would put it, perfect another language so I could to bore more people to death with my never-ending chit-chat.
I worked in the hotel industry for a while and, as soon as I had enough money, I went back to Spain to study Graphic Design to feed my appetite for creativity.
Why do you enjoy working in digital?
I have loved gadgets and technology since I was a kid. With my first ever wage I built my own computer and started cruising the net on a 56K analogue modem, which was my first contact with the Internet and the gateway to a whole new world of “geekness”. Being a natural chatterbox and a creative soul with a background in customer services, it made sense that I would be drawn to digital marketing, firstly from a client perspective as a Marketing Executive in a B2C, working as a link between the company and different agencies, and now as an agency member.
What is your role at MediaVision?
I joined Mediavision as part of the Client Services Team.
- Known in the office for always having some irrelevant fact to add to any conversation, a deep (but weird) sense of humour and (of course) being too wordy.
- Most likely to be found with my lovely little dog Olivia, reading and investigating stuff on the weekend.
- Bucket list items include jumping from a plane (preferably with a parachute!) and doing some proper survival adventure in a jungle.
- Party trick: being sober the whole night and yet managing to do more crazy stuff that anybody else, and pulling some stupid dance moves on the dance floor with and unfathomed lack of self-shame.
- Most embarrassing moment: I don’t recall any embarrassing moments in my life! (Would have to have shame for that.)
- Favourite band/song: Nine Inch Nails and Rage Against The Machine
- One interesting fact: I lived in a monastery in the mountains for 3 years, sharing a 43.000 sqm building with 14 Cistercian Monks. I wasn’t one of them though, just working.
- Favourite movie/TV show: I like old-school kung-fu movies and my favourite TV show ever was The Wire.