Unless your online business is already a household name, we all know that the only way to poach consumers away from your competitors is to ensure that you have a well SEO’d site that ranks well in Google. Simple enough! The big debate however, is whether or hiring an SEO company is worth it or whether you should simply do your own SEO optimization.
This blog post focuses on the top 5 reasons why hiring a professional SEO company is a much better idea than doing your own SEO. Let’s take a look:
1. Time is money: SEO takes time. It takes time to learn, time to understand and most importantly – time to implement. You need to optimize your content, spend hours and hours building links and make any structural changes to your website that aren’t currently optimal. Sure, you could maybe learn to do your own SEO optimization, but you’re a business owner, your job is to concentrate on your clients, your business and how to improve it in as many ways as possible. Every hour you spend doing your own SEO is a billable hour stolen from your customers.
2. SEO is a lifestyle: An SEO marketing company employs SEO professionals who live and breathe SEO 24/7! They browse forums to research the latest trends and have the luxury of using new strategies on multiple clients which quickly helps them get an idea of what works best. The key to effective SEO is to keep up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the industry. As a business owner you need to focus on your business and simply cannot keep up-to-date with all the most recent SEO trends (unless you trade the “luxury” of sleep in for time spent on SEO).
3. Professional copywriting: You may be an entrepreneurial genius, but this seldom means that you’re also lucky enough to be blessed with amazing creativity and expert writing abilities! Any decent SEO services company will have a team of professional copywriters who’d go so far as to eat alphabet cereal for breakfast if it would make them better writers. The grammar, punctuation and tone of the content on your website promises to be more professional and effective in converting visitors to buyers. And of course going back to point one above – copywriting takes time, time that you as a business owner simply don’t have.
4. Better conversion: A good SEO company will not only help improve traffic to your website, they will also know what to do with this traffic once it reaches your website. SEO professionals live for the internet and more specifically, e-commerce. They know all about web conventions, how people react to different web pages and how to ensure that a good percentage of your casual visitors will become customers. They can assist with changes to the structure of your website, the structure of your key landing pages as well as the look and feel of your website to ensure optimal conversion.
5. It’s a good investment: As you know, an investment is something that you pump money into in the hope that you get your money back and some. Hiring SEO professionals is also an investment, a safe one at that – if you hire the correct SEO Company. UK “investors” can also be assured that SEO optimization is a measurable investment which ensures that you will never be left wondering if you’re making returns on the money that you put in. SEO companies provide you with extensive tracking tools which give you a clear indication of how your investment is progressing.
It’s all about time and professionalism versus money. Make sure you choose an ethical SEO company with a proven track record and impressive ROI statistics and you won’t regret it. SEO will prove to be the primary reason for more traffic reaching your website, so why risk something this important by doing it yourself. Leave it to the professionals I say.